Repurposing Mainframe as Enterprise Innovation platform by:
- Leveraging existing mainframe infrastructure investment which typically hosts 80% of data and applications code.
- Exposing mainframe infrastructure as API/RESTful/JSON interfaces that are easy to provision, and use.
- Leverage mainframe open platform to bridge generations and applications by using modern interfaces to interact with z/OS through plug-ins and extensions that are created by clients or third-party vendors.
- Establishing New business channels and Real-time Services.
- Providing Real-time Business analytics, and machine learning capabilities.
- Providing data virtualization and automation to make mainframe data broadly accessible to developers and applications more effectively (more speed and accuracy to overcome limitations of old methods).
- Leveraging the mainframe secure and integrated architecture through and beyond the Enterprise.
- Re-purposing Mainframe as Enterprise Security (Data Encryption) platform.
- Reducing middle-tier systems and data offloading solutions.